Steps To Achieve Certification & Examination Requirements
- Any person desiring to become a cosmetologist (student) must make application to the Executive Director prior to commencement date. Hours of training will not be accumulated until the student has been pre-approved.
- A student shall have completed grade12 with diploma and be 18 years of age at the completion of their training. Mature students must be 21 years of age and have no less than grade 10 education with proof.
- Upon approval from the Executive Director the student may commence training. All students must be registered with the Association.
- All training must take place under the direct supervision of licensed instructor in licensed school. Student capacity is 18 per instructor. All instructors must hold a valid certified instructor license at a Level I, upgraded instructors hold a Level II license. Hours achieved under an instructor who is not valid will not be accepted.
- Students will be asked to sign a contract with the school prior to the commencement of training.
- All schools must register each student and payment of fees must be submitted 30 days after enrollment.
- Students must complete the prescribed number of clients required.